Thursday, March 4, 2010

Etsy

I love this website. It is a platform for individuals to peddle their goods, to make them available for all the world to see and fall in love with. Everything listed on this site has to be handmade. Crafts, jewelry, clothing, and more. The layout of the website takes a bit of getting used to, made slightly more difficult by the fact that each and every seller dictates how they present their goods. But it's worth getting used to.

http://www.etsy.com/

I've purchased things from sellers there for friends, and have never been disappointed. I have been perusing the site in search of all things related to owls, since that is the theme my little girl wants for her birthday. Owls. Really. I know, right?

One of the things I have recently found on the site are die cuts and paper crafts. I love to scrapbook, but don't have the time or money to spend what one needs to in order to fully enjoy the hobby. Fancy die cut machines are hundreds of dollars, thousands by the time you buy the cartridges. But here, on etsy, you can find die cuts of anything. For pennies. Love that.

Mostly, I love that this website makes it possible for creative people to share their gifts with the world. The online nature of it makes is possible for smaller niche items to be made and sold than would ever be possible at traveling craft fairs. And, really, isn't that the point of creativity? To make things that are different and unique?

My apologies in advance if you find this site irresistible. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts