Monday, April 26, 2010

Almond Joy

I should have known better, really. It's my own fault. But I couldn't help it. I love, love, love the look of dark wood. I don't, however, love the look of dark wood covered with dust.

My formal dining room table is something that makes me divinely happy. It is dark and sorta rustic looking. It goes perfectly with the mustard colored walls and Tuscan vineyard feel to the room (not that I've ever been to Tuscany, but this is what I think it must be like). It's big, big enough to seat my whole immediate family and then some. It is precisely the reason I wanted a formal dining room in the first place. It's grown up furniture.

But it's prone to dust collecting since it doesn't get used all the time. Since it is real, solid wood and I loooove it, I have to take care of it. I have tried many different wood cleaners/dusting products in the past. Most left a waxy film that I didn't like. Or they made the wood slippery or sticky. Then I tried this, and fell completely in love.

Method's Wood for Good, made with almond oil. Not only does it work like a dream, it treats the wood kindly and keeps it nourished. It smells heavenly too. Love this stuff.

It is a little more expensive than the other wood cleaners, but it is worth it for several reasons. First, you will probably find that you use less of it than the other cleaners, I know I did. Second, it is actually good for the wood. It doesn't just clean it, it helps protect it. And in the dry high altitude climate we live in, wood takes a beating. And third, once you try it and smell it, you won't go back. Promise.


Normally, I only share products that have coupons readily available, because, well, I am cheap. But this is not something I am willing to be cheap about. I love my table too much. Occasionally it is on sale, but not often. It is available in many stores, but can also be found online, some of the sites that carry it offer deals and free shipping.

I like things that make cleaning a little more pleasant, and this does. Happy dusting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts