Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Scrappy

Hi. My name is Kelly. It has been 18 months since I last scrapbooked.

I have an addiction. I'm in recovery. I want to slip sometimes, like today. But I was good. I love, love, love little tiny stickers and baubles and fancy papers and glitter. I love to scrapbook. Good lord, it is an expensive hobby. I had to stop.

Ashley has a magnificent baby book. Seriously, it's that good. I shudder to think how much it cost to put it all together. Aidan's pales in comparison. Ally is only six months old in hers. And poor AJ, well, he doesn't even have one yet. I figure with him, I will just do a digital scrapbook. Because to pay to print our hundreds of pictures and buy all the stuff for another scrapbook would be prohibitively expensive. I keep telling myself that he won't care, right? He's a boy. They don't care, right? Right???

But Ashley....oh, that scrapbook. Magnificent.

Sorry, I got distracted there for a minute.

Anyway, I was perusing the aisles at Michael's today in search of owl stuff for the owl birthday party that my owl loving little girl is having this weekend. I needed googly eyes and wanted some owl stickers. My quest was made more difficult by the fact that they are changing over the entire store's inventory right now. There were boxes and carts full and people sitting on floors with scanners all over the place.

But then I pulled around the end of an aisle and heard the "Oooooooooooooooo". You know, the angels singing from the heavens noise.

Endcaps, four of them, crammed full of clearance items. The old stuff had JUST been put there to make room for the new stuff. New clearance stuff. My heart began to race a little. Then I remembered what I was there for. Owls. Owls, Kelly. Only owls.

I found them. A lot of them. For WAY cheap. Like, I am so glad I waited until the last minute to get birthday stuff even though I swore I wouldn't ever ever do that again, cheap.

I was good. I left all the other stickers there. 4 endcaps of them.

I'm ignoring the voice in the back of my head telling me to go back to Michael's and scavenge for more. To finish Ally's scrapbook and buy one for AJ. I'm ignoring it.

That doesn't mean you have to. Seriously. Fabulous finds are there to be had.

Run. Do not walk to your nearest Michaels. I might get there first. That voice....it's a convincing one.

I just might be out of recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts