Thursday, April 22, 2010

Murphy's Oil Soap

I love this stuff. My kitchen, dining room, entry way and bathroom are all hardwood. I love the look of hardwood floors, but they do take a fair amount of work. You have to be careful with them too. I've learned that the hard way.

I used a floor cleaning system with a squirty mop and disposable pads (you can probably figure out which one I'm talking about) for the longest time. It was okay. Just okay. The floors often had a slippery finish to them, or sticky. They never were just clean. And over time, it turned out to not be the best thing for the wood. The finish started to wear away. I had to find something else. (And, I really need to have the floors stripped and re-varnished, but that's not happening anytime soon....that pesky money tree needs to start growing faster.)

I bought Murphy's Oil Soap to clean an old china cabinet I have, and figured that I'd try it on the floors. It works great, far better than anything else I have tried. It doesn't strip off the finish of my wood floors. I still use the disposable pads to clean for quick jobs, but I have a spray bottle of diluted Murphy's instead of the solution they want you to use with the system. It was costing me over $4 a week just in solution. Mostly I love this stuff because it's the cheapest way to clean my wood floors. One bottle lasts months.

Here is a link to their website, and on the right hand side is a link for a coupon...because I love coupons. :)

www.colgate.com/MurphyOilSoap/products/original-formula


My floor is to the point now where a quick cleaning won't get it done. I need to grab the bucket and get down on my hands and knees. Scrub. The. Floor. About once a month. With the Murphy's, my hands don't get dried out, and I can clean all the base cabinets in the kitchen at the same time. If only that bottle came with a magic cleaning fairy attached...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts