Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sesame Green Beans

My kids are strange, so I've been told. They absolutely adore vegetables. Green beans, in particular, are something they love.

My eldest daughter loves the nutty flavor of the green bean so much that I always make extra so she can take them to school in her lunch the next day. By request, no less.

I could cook them just about any way and the kids would eat them all up, but this seems to be their most favorite. The good news...it's super easy.


Sesame Green Beans

- 1 pound fresh green beans, rinsed and edges snapped off
- large pot of boiling, lightly salted water or steamer
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seeds

Clean beans and place in pot, bring to a boil and cook until crisp tender. You can steam them as well, it will work just as good plus you retain more of the nutrients.

Drain off excess water and toss with the butter, soy sauce and sesame seeds.

Oh yes, it is that good. You won't go back to canned if I have anything to say about it.

1 comment:

  1. Love this recipe, thanks. I love to cook them with some red bell peppers and some garlic salt, pepper, and a smidgen of veg. oil....delicious

    ReplyDelete

Some of My Most Popular Posts