Thursday, January 27, 2011

Beef and Barley Soup

I made this a few days ago, but I was the only one that ate it.  Best of intentions, but things here aren't really under any kind of plan or control.  It was good, and most of it is in the freezer.

It's easy to make, I tried to find a recipe but just ended up tossing it together.

My apologies in advance if I forget anything.  I am exhausted.

Beef and Barley Soup
- 2 lb lean beef stew meat
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup barley
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp pepper

Heat oil and brown meat in large stock pot.  Add broth, water and barley.  Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 20 minutes.  Add celery, onion and carrots, bring back to a boil, cover and simmer 30 minutes.  Add mushrooms and pepper, bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts