Monday, May 16, 2011

Daisy Cupcakes

I've got Daisies on the mind today....in the midst of getting the stuff ready for the last meeting of the year.  I am making them cupcakes again, but I just realized that I never posted this one back at the beginning of the school year when I made them. 

These come out super cute, and are easy to make.   I cheated, of course, and just used a box mix and canned frosting.  If you feel compelled to make them from scratch, more power to ya.

Daisy Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix and ingredients per instructions
- 1 can white frosting
- bag of large marshmallows
- yellow candy melts (round discs, available at specialty craft and candy stores)
- kitchen shears

Bake the cupcakes according to the instructions and cool completely.  Wait to frost them until you are ready to start decorating, since you need the frosting to act as the glue for the flowers.

Snip each marshmallow into discs with shears.  I cut them in half, but you may be able to squeeze three slices from each marshmallow.   Pinch the sides so they start to be shaped more like an oval.  Cut enough so that you have 5 or 6 for each cupcake, setting aside in one layer (do not try to stack them or they will stick together).

Frost cupcakes, then place a yellow candy melt in the center.  Arrange cut and pinched marshmallows around the center, pressing down to make sure they stick to the frosting.   Let sit at room temperature for at least an hour so the frosting can set before moving them. 

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts