Friday, May 20, 2011

Spicy Lime Grilled Shrimp

I love limes.  LOVE them.

They just scream summer!
I bought shrimp and had all kinds of visions of grilled perfection with them.  Then the weather decided not to cooperate at all for the last week.  Oh well.  Glad we got the indoor grill.  :)

I ended up not putting them on skewers since I made them inside, but would if I grilled them for real.

Spicy Lime Grilled Shrimp
- 2 lbs shelled raw shrimp
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 limes
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper

Place shrimp in shallow bowl or dish.  Roll limes firmly on counter before slicing and squeezing to get the most juice out you can.  Add salt and pepper, chili powder and cayenne to lime juice in small bowl.  Stir in olive oil.  Pour over shrimp.  Cover and refrigerate for an hour.

Grill until opaque, turning once.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts