Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Curried Chicken Salad

This is one of those things I fell in love with after eating the version from Whole Foods, knowing there was no way I could ever justify the cost of it already prepared.

So, I scoured the internet for ideas and this is where I ended. I ate it last night wrapped up in lettuce but it's just as good on a roll or plain.

this is a terrible picture, but you get the idea

Curried Chicken Salad
- 2-3 grilled chicken breasts, cooled and chopped
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 2-3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 whole apple, diced
- 2/3 cup raisins (or 1 cup quartered grapes, or a combination of both)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or other nut)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and pepper to taste

Chop chicken, celery and apple. Mix curry powder into mayo thoroughly, then toss it with the chicken, celery, apple, raisins and nuts. If desired, add cayenne pepper to desired heat level, then salt and pepper to taste.

Ideally, you make it ahead a few hours and let it sit in the fridge so the flavors can all combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts