Monday, June 10, 2013

Slow Cooker Refried Beans

Technically, they aren't really refried beans because they aren't refried, but you get my drift.

I decided a while ago to attempt making these from scratch, and like most cooking endeavors, I immediately kicked myself because they were light years better than the canned ones.


Fortunately, they are easy to make....requiring just a little bit of work and a lot of time.

Slow Cooker Refried Beans
- 3 cups dry pinto beans, rinsed
- 8-9 cups of water
- a few cloves of garlic, minced
- a pepper, minced (I used one whole jalapeno)
- one onion, diced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin

Throw it all in slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 8 hours. If the water reduces too much, add a little bit back into the cooker.

Strain beans and mash, adding some of the cooking water if necessary for texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts