Monday, June 17, 2013

Dry Rubbed BBQ Glazed Pork Ribs

I hate ribs. Honest. The idea of gnawing something off a bone just makes my stomach turn. As much as I hate ribs, I make them. I've made them the same way for years, but after staying up way too late one night watching some BBQ competition show, I decided to try it another way. I scoured the internet for dry rub recipes, and eventually did what I always do - made it up.

I made three full racks and this is all that was left. The people say they were amazing. I'll believe them.


This is a lengthy-ish process, so plan ahead.

Dry Rib Rub
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp course ground salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup paprika
- cayenne pepper - anywhere from 1 tsp to 1 1/2 tbsp depending on how much heat you want

Mix all dry rub ingredients together. This is sufficient to coat three racks perfectly, so if you're making less, store some in a container before use.

Remove membrane from the backside of the ribs and cut each rack into thirds or fourths.  Cover all sides generously with rub, pressing into the meat with your fingers. Wrap each portion tightly in aluminum foil.

Place foil packets directly on oven racks. Bake in preheated 300 degree oven for two hours, the remove and let sit for about ten minutes. While waiting, preheat grill to high heat.

Unwrap and grill ribs on high, about five minutes on each side, glazing with BBQ sauce of your choice. We used a honey sauce for most of them, and Famous Dave's Devil Spit for those who like it hot.

Ribs should have a nice glazed crust on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts