Monday, May 17, 2010

Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes

It's that time of year. Grilling season. I heart it.

Seriously.

I love that you don't have to heat up the house when it's warm out. I love that you can sit and enjoy an evening breeze, the air scented with the aroma of something delicious cooking over a fire. I love, love, love grilling season.

This is one of those meals that I found in some magazine a while back and tweaked. It might sound a little strange at first....I know it sounded icky to me initially. I'm not a fan of the sweet potato. I mean, I get that they are crazy good for you and all, I am just not a fan. Generally. But this way, I don't just tolerate them. I love them. And you will too.

Grilled Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes
- rub with olive oil and season with crushed sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- grill until juice run clear, time will depend of thickness of meat and whether they are bone-in or boneless.

- Peel 4-6 sweet potatoes. Cut into strips, ideally you want them about half an inch thick. Too thin, they will be mushy. Too thick and they won't get done all the way.
- Toss in a bowl with a little olive oil, crushed sea salt and pepper
- Grill in a grill basket over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Check for doneness. These usually take longer than the pork chops, so start cooking them first.
- Remove from basket, and toss with 3-4 tbsp butter, 1/4 cup maple syrup and 1/4 cup diced green onions (this was the part I wasn't too sure about, but trust me)

We usually eat this with a salad and some watermelon. Happy grilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts