Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fresh Tomato Soup

I was a little hesitant to try this one. While I love everything tomato, my husband does not. Strangely, he adores ketchup. I figured he wouldn't eat it, but I tried anyway.

Then you know what happened? He ate it. And, dare I say? He liked it.

It's a little labor intensive initially since you have to peel and seed the tomatoes, but once you get past that part, it's easy.

So totally worth it.

I made grilled cheese with it, and even the nonbelievers were converted once the dunking began.

Fresh Tomato Soup
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped basil
- 1 tbsp finely minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used whole)
- 1 stick butter
- salt and pepper

Put tomatoes, basil, garlic and juice in large pot, heat on medium high. Simmer about 30 minutes. Spoon out solids and puree in heat safe food processor or blender, then return to pot. Add butter and milk, heating through. Do not boil. Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts