Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Miss Christie's Pumpkin Bars

So, for those who don't know me...I tend to take an idea and run with it. I apologize in advance if you get terribly tired of reading recipes with pumpkin. I've got more.

They really are that good though. And if you've got my kind of crazy, you won't even get tired of eating pumpkin until at least Thanksgiving....that's when the chocolate peppermint and cranberry cravings kick in.

Until then, these pumpkin masterpieces will have to suffice.

This one I experienced for the first time at a baby shower for a dear friend of mine. Made by a dear friend of hers, this was one of those oh my god, these are so good and I absolutely in no uncertain terms must have the recipe for this things.

I've made them with canned pumpkin, and I will be the first to tell you that Miss Christie was right....organic canned pumpkin really is better. But if you're terribly motivated, roast your own pumpkin.

I'm telling you, once you go roasted, you never go back. Oh wait....that was for something else entirely. ;)

Miss Christie's Amazing Pumpkin Bars

Bars
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin (yes, the organic is just better), or about 2 cups fresh
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda

Using mixer, combine eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin. Beat until light and fluffy. Combine the rest of the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add to the pumpkin mixture. Mix on low until thoroughly combined and batter is smooth. Spread into greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, checking for doneness.

Icing
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla

Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Add sugar a little at a time until reaches desired consistency. Frost cooled bars.

They will all thank you, Miss Christie. Much obliged. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts