Sunday, September 12, 2010

His Blueberry Pancakes and Her Syrup

I asked him what he does to make these awesome. Turns out....wait for it....he tweaked a recipe he found, omitting things he doesn't want in it, substituting others, adding some. Is it possible I've brought him over to the dark side?

See, my husband is a recipe follower.

At least he used to be. I'm a little proud to say the least.

Here is his recipe, followed by the best homemade blueberry syrup you've ever had. Mine, of course. ;)

Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup flour (can use whole wheat)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2- 2 cups blueberries

Combine dry ingredients, then add milk, egg and oil, mixing well. Fold in blueberries. Heat griddle to medium high. Pour batter about 1/4 cup at a time onto griddle, flipping when edges start to set. (No, he doesn't grease the griddle or cook them on lower heat....I know, right? I am not allowed to make pancakes in the house since I screw them up, so I don't question his judgment and am just typing what he tells me)

Blueberry Syrup
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1/2 - 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch

Combine blueberries, water, lemon juice and sugar. (If using thawed frozen, 1/2 should do it. If using fresh, add the 1 cup) Heat on medium until sugar is melted and blueberries are soft. Mash berries. Sprinkle cornstarch evenly over mixture and stir until bubbly and thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts