Sunday, April 24, 2011

Strawberry Mimosas

I somehow managed to forget to take a picture of these, maybe because I was too busy drinking them today.  ;)

I personally do not love champagne.  I drink it for toasts, the required sip is plenty.  If you put a strawberry in it, I can generally finish a glass, though.

The only acceptable form for champagne in my opinion that involves actual drinking is as a mimosa.  Brunches are a perfectly legitimate place for mimosas, and I can totally get behind drinking in the morning. 

Since I love mimosas in general, I figured why not add a ripe strawberry too?  Just that much more awesome. 

Enjoy!

Strawberry Mimosas
- champagne
- orange juice
- ripe, hulled strawberries

Drop a strawberry, slightly crushed into champagne flute. Slowly fill the glass about 1/2 - 2/3 of the way full with champagne.  This part takes patience, you have to wait for the bubbles to dissipate.  Fill the glass the rest of the way with orange juice. 

The more refills you need, the softer the strawberry gets and the more alcohol it absorbs.

Happy brunching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts