Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Teriyaki Sauce & Shrimp Stir Fry

This one's a two parter, and I totally forgot to take pictures.  My bad.

Up first, homemade teriyaki sauce.  I made this tonight because I didn't have any in the house, which is unusual.  Teriyaki is one of my staples usually.  I'm thinking now I might just make it myself.

Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp corn starch

Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl, then add to a saucepan.  Carefully heat to just boiling, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and cool.  It will continue to thicken as it cools.   I used about half the teriyaki in the recipe below, saved the rest in the fridge for later.

Shrimp Stir Fry
- 1 pound deveined shelled shrimp
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- about 1/2 cup prepared teriyaki sauce
- 4 cups stir fry vegetables
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil

Place raw shrimp in a shallow bowl, then sprinkle garlic, cayenne, ginger and sesame seeds over.  Mix thoroughly and let sit for 30 minutes in the fridge.  When ready, heat oil in wok and cook vegetables on medium high heat for about 5 minutes. 

Add teriyaki and combine thoroughly.  Last, stir in shrimp and all seasonings, cook until shrimp are done.

Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts