Monday, November 29, 2010

Miss Emily's Potato Leek Soup

This is one of the things that someone I know mentioned making for dinner and I asked begged for the recipe.  I've loved this soup whenever I have had it, and now I can make it at home whenever I want to.  Yum. 

I think it's funny that she sent me this recipe when I know that this isn't the one she uses.  You see, she has somehow managed to walk away from bacon, and there is bacon in the recipe.  (She sauteed the leeks in vegetable oil)  She's a vegetarian.  I could be a vegetarian too, but only if there was a bacon opt-out clause. 

Miss Emily's Potato Leek Soup
- 8 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3-4 leeks, cut lengthwise then chopped
- 8 cups of broth (I used chicken, she used vegetable)
- bacon (she skipped this part, though I'm not sure how)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp flour (she didn't include this, I added it because I live with people who like their soup to be thicker)

Boil potatoes in broth in large stockpot and cook until tender.  At the same time, cook bacon in skillet and drain saving 3 tbsp grease and set aside.  Saute leeks in bacon grease.

Whisk flour into cream.  When potatoes are tender add bacon, leeks and cream. Blend until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts