Saturday, November 13, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

I make these, but I don't love them.  In fact, I can't even tell you the last time I ate one.  Yet, I make them for the benefit of others. 

There are some tricks to making these, and for whatever reason you really need to watch it with these particular cookies.  Make sure your oven is fully preheated.  Make sure the cookie sheets are cooled before you put the dough on it.  Bake only one tray at a time, and check cookies a minute or two before the specified time to make sure they don't get overdone.

Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (can use chunky if you prefer, I usually use smooth)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 375.  Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars in bowl.  Add vanilla and eggs.  Combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in separate bowl, then add to peanut butter mixture.  Roll into 1 inch balls and flatten in criss cross pattern with a fork.  Bake for about 10 minutes, checking early.  Be sure not to overcook them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts