Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pomegranate Martinis

I am attempting to elevate multitasking to an art form today.  I have too many things to do, and yet found myself promising not one but two recipes.  Oh well.

Here goes.  Lucky for you, these are both super easy and will take you about as much time to make as it will take me to type it out. 

Up first, the drink.  Because, well, I'm recovered from last weekend and if ever there was a day that makes me want a martini just after noon, it is today.

These are festive and yummy.  I have a special affection for martinis.  If you don't have a shaker, please go get one, for the love of all things alcoholic.   This recipe is designed for a shaker and makes anywhere between 2-3 drinks, depending on the generosity of your pour.  Enjoy!

Pomegranate Martinis
- 3 ounces pomegranate juice
- 4 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 2 ounces club soda
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- lime wedges
- sugar for rim, in a shallow dish

Fill martini glass with ice to chill.  Pour juices, vodka, soda and syrup into shaker filled with ice and shake until combined.  Dump ice from glasses.  Run lime wedge around rim and place glass upside down in sugar to coat.  Pour drink into glasses.  Garnish with lime.

Simple syrup: one part water, one part sugar, brought to a boil and cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts