Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pumpkin Spiced Latte

If you are anything like me, you can drink coffee all day.  It's not merely a morning beverage.  If only my favorite coffee place would start a dollar menu, I could go there all the time and satisfy my cravings for delicious warm happiness. 

I wait impatiently for this drink to come out every Fall, it's one of my favorites.  It's probably a good thing they don't have it year round, then it wouldn't be as awesome.

I decided to try to make it at home.  I don't have an espresso machine, I don't have a milk steamer, I don't have lots of the fun stuff they have there.  But, you know what?  It came out pretty damn good.  Give it a whirl, the recipe makes enough to share (but only if you are feeling nice).

Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup double brewed strong coffee (use half the amount of water)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream plus spice for topping

Brew coffee.  In saucepan, combine milk, pumpkin, vanilla, sugar and spice.  Whisk together and heat through.  Do not bring to boiling as milk will scald, heat it until it is steaming.

Use a ratio of about 1 part coffee to 2 parts milk/pumpkin mixture.  Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with spice.  You may want to add more sugar, I don't like mine too sweet. 

Happy Morning to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts