Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pound Cake

I know, I know. It's swimsuit season and this is just wrong.

Butter. Who doesn't love butter? It really does make everything better. And when you have a lot of butter, I swear there is harmony in the world just for a little while.

Don't go blaming me if you love this and want to use it to make all kind of amazing desserts like strawberry shortcake. I know that it would be just heavenly with a warm blueberry compote on top. There are some out there (you know who you are) that would just eat it plain. Who would be content to leave it alone.

Whatever you do with this, don't blame me. People want to know how I make these things, so I share.

And really, this doesn't get made often. Good god, it's swimsuit season.

Buttery Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 1 stick of butter, room temp.
- 3 eggs, room temp.
- 2/3 cup sour cream (can use the light if it helps you feel better about it)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- dash baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder

Beat butter and sugar forever. Until it's super light and fluffy. Then add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl as you beat them in. Add sour cream and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in separate bowl, add a little at a time to butter mixture. Beat until fully combined and batter is smooth.

Pour into greased and floured loaf pan (8x4x2) and bake at 325 for about 70 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some of My Most Popular Posts